County Commodity Supplemental Food ProgramDate: Tuesday, October 2, 2012
The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) distribution clinic will be held in the following towns in October 2012:
- FAIRBURY (Jefferson county) on Tuesday, October 2
- CRETE (Saline & east Seward county) on Thursday, October 4
- YORK (Fillmore, south/west Seward & York counties) on Tuesday, October 9
- DAVID CITY (Butler, north Seward & Polk counties) on Thursday, October 11
- HUMBOLDT (Pawnee, Johnson, Nemaha & Richardson counties) on Tuesday, October 16 and Thursday, October 18
- BEATRICE (Gage & Jefferson counties) on Tuesday, October 23
Appointments are suggested at all clinics.
CSFP provides nutritious foods to persons who are age 60 or greater, children until they reach age six, and women who are pregnant or have had a baby in the past year. Qualified persons must live in Nebraska and be under the income guidelines. Foods given through CSFP include canned fruits, vegetables and juice; canned and dry milk; hot and cold cereals; canned meat; peanut butter and dried beans; cheese; pasta or rice. To schedule an appointment or obtain information on how to qualify for CSFP, please call Blue Valley Community Action at 402-729-2278 or contact their local Blue Valley Community Action center.